Photograph of the True Light Seminary, 1880

Dublin Core

Title

Photograph of the True Light Seminary, 1880

Subject

Photographs; Missionaries; Schools; Church buildings--Reconstruction; Buildings--Repair and reconstruction

Description

This photograph depicts the True Light Seminary in the year 1880. The first building of the True Light Seminary burnt down on January 10, 1875. The building in this photograph was rebuilt with funds raised by the missionary board.

Creator

Unknown

Source

The College of Wooster, Special Collections, A Light in the Land of Sinim: Forty-five Years in the True Light Seminary, 1872-1917 by Harriet Newell Noyes

Publisher

Fleming H. Revell Company

Date

1880

Contributor

Council on Library and Information Resources Hidden Special Collections Grant

Format

JPEG

Type

Still Image

Identifier

noyes_p_images_003

Coverage

late 19th century

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Photograph

Collection

Citation

Unknown, “Photograph of the True Light Seminary, 1880,” Letters from Harriet Noyes: Missionaries and Women's Education in Nineteenth Century China, accessed May 19, 2022, http://noyesletters.org/items/show/44.

Output Formats